Sue Beer, Managing Director
M.A., B.A. Hons, Cert. Ed., QTLS, MSET
Bristol Tuition was established in 2010 and Sue Beer is the owner and Managing Director.
Happy Tutors, Happy Clients!
Bristol Tuition was conceived by Sue Beer in 2010 while she was home tutoring GCSE/GCE English and GCE Business for a national tutor agency. Sue had been working at SGS College for 6 years in the Performing Arts and Business Depts in a variety of roles; as a Support Worker, Lecturer and Internal Verifier. Having a teaching qualification and an MA in Literature and Film was enabling Sue to extend her passion for English outside of work hours as a 1-1 tutor, but she was increasingly dissatisfied with the impersonal lack of support from the agency providing her with work opportunities.
Sue decided that a much more personal touch was needed and that she would be the one to deliver it! She buddied up with a Maths Lecturer at the College on the understanding that if she could find him the work, he would pay her some commission. So began Bristol Tuition, offering just Maths and English to begin with. The rest, as they say, is history! Sue is now keeping many tutors in full time employment, with dozens more qualified teachers registered and able to work part time in their chosen specialisms. The number of subjects on offer is now vast, covering all areas of the school curriculum and more niche subjects, such as Mandarin Chinese!
It is now very likely that Bristol Tuition has the largest number of qualified teachers registered in any Bristol-based agency, and the personal support Sue gives to each and every tutor has been testament to the rapid growth of this popular agency. Happy tutors equals happy clients!
- There are NO registration or other agency fees
- Simply ‘Pay as You Go’ to your home tutor
- Hourly sessions are £30 up to GCSE and £36-£40 for A Level. Fees are based upon the subject, its level and the distance the tutor will travel to and from your home.
In the event of a client cancelling a tutor without 24 hours’ notice we ask that a £15 cancellation fee be paid to the tutor towards loss of earnings. If a tutor arrives at your home and a session does not take place, the full hourly fee will apply.
Hourly rates include:
- One to one tuition with a qualified, experienced tutor
- The tutor’s transport and travel time to and from your home
- Planning for your personalised session
- Handouts, resources and learning activities
- Email, telephone or other time spent arranging your sessions
- Bristol Tuition’s introductory fee
In the event of a client cancelling a tutor without 24 hours’ notice we ask that a £10 cancellation fee be paid to the tutor towards loss of earnings. If a tutor arrives at your home and a session does not take place, the full hourly fee will apply.
- We don’t send enthusiastic students – just qualified, experienced tutors
- All tutors undertake regular professional training
- Tutees receive expert tuition at highly competitive rates
- All tutors have DBS Certificates for your peace of mind
Get in Touch
Work with LEAs, Schools & Academies
In addition to offering a private home tutoring service, Bristol Tuition works closely with South Gloucestershire Education Service and Bristol City Council’s Alternative Learning Provision Team to ensure that children who are excluded from or struggling at school get one to one support from our specialist tutors. We also work with schools and academies across Bristol and S. Glos to ensure that no child falls behind with their education.